Saturday, May 8, 2021

May 10th

Thank you so much for all the extra love this week!  I was overwhelmed with all of the cards and gifts.  So generous, so kind!  We celebrated your kids too.  After all, if it weren't for your students I could not be a teacher.  And- they truly make my job fabulous.      


2nd grade is planning our end of the year party.  Miss Grimm and I are planning a mini-field afternoon.  If you would like to contribute some items please send in any of the following: bubbles, chalk, pop-cycles, water balloons, or juice boxes.  


NWEA is going really well.  Last week we worked on Reading.  This week we will take the math test.  Please let me know as soon as possible if your child will be out of school this week so that I can adjust our schedule.


Reading

Our students will continue to explore various styles of writing: advertisements, poetry, emails, songs... Our main focus is to understand the text, including the author's purpose behind the writing.  


Math

We will continue to work with graphs and practice with multi-step word problems with addition and subtraction through 1,000. 


Support at Home

Read, Read, Read!  Students should be reading each day for 20-30 minutes.  Practicing basic math facts is still critical, especially subtraction.  Using IXL, sections G, H, I, J and R will support our work at school this week.

June 7

Thank you for sharing your kids with me this year:) Please respond to this simple and short, three-question classroom survey about the year....